Friday, February 4, 2011

Sensory Processing Disorder

I was just chatting with a colleague of mine about a child with OCD (obessive complusive disorder) and she mentioned that the child seems to over-respond to what should be non-noxious stimuli. In addition to musculoskeletal work I also work in the field of mental health. A particular area of interest for me for the past few years has been what is known as Sensory Processing Disorder or SPD. Dr. Lucy Miller in Denver, CO has devoted her life to increasing awareness of SPD. She is currently trying to get recognition in the next edition of the DSM. If you have a thirst for more information on SPD check out Dr. Miller's website @ http://www.spdfoundation.net/ . Of course you may also send questions my way.

In a future post I will explore my thoughts on the topic further.

No comments:

Post a Comment