Monday, October 25, 2010

EXSTORE - Functional Assessment and Treatment

In my 2nd blog I spoke about Dr. Lombardi from the Hamilton Back Clinic. I just spent the past 3 days at his clinic learning the Functional Musculoskeletal Assessment approach - EXSTORE. Fantastic! The EXSTORE approach allows me to specifically identify the underlying dysfunction, which I treat using a combination of medical acupuncture and soft tissue/myofascial release work. During my time there I was able to treat a variety of clinical conditions using these techniques. For example, in 2 cases of frozen shoulder we were able to increase range of motion and stability by treating the wrist and in a case of neck pain we were able to change function by treating the ankle!

If you're a health professional Dr. Lombardi is offering an Advanced MSK workshop in January.
http://www.hamiltonbackclinic.com/workshop1.htm

Feel free to post comments or drop a line if you have questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment